It wasn’t the biggest fight in Bellator history, but a victory is a victory for Jason Jackson’s record.
In the main event of Bellator 283 on Friday, Jackson (16-4 MMA, 7-1 BMMA) defeated former welterweight champion Douglas Lima (32-11 MMA, 14-7 UFC) via unanimous decision (50-45, 50-45, fifty). -45) to solidify their place as the top contender in the division.
Bellator 283 took place Friday at the Emerald Queen Casino in Tacoma, Washington.
Most of the first two rounds were played in the same position. After landing several kicks from Lima, Jackson knocked him down early. Alone on the canvas, Jackson was not successful in positional advancement but did enough to keep Lima there. In the second round, Jackson landed another takedown. Lima briefly showed signs of life when he landed a stunning punch on Jackson, who survived and remained at the top.
In the third round, Jackson again defeated Lima. Lima eventually changed position – only to have his turn reversed. The crowd booed as the championship rounds began. Lima tried to return to his kicks, but Jackson defeated him again. That’s where they stayed.
In the fifth round, it seemed like everyone knew what was going to happen, and it did happen. Jackson immediately knocked down Lima and emptied the watch.
— BellatorMMA (@BellatorMMA) July 23, 2022
With the win, Jackson may have won the title shot. The welterweight division is currently overwhelmed with undisputed title holder Yaroslav Amosov returning from military service in Ukraine and interim champion Logan Storley looking forward to a unification bout.
Jackson, 31, hasn’t lost in the promotion since his debut loss to Ed Root. Since then, Jackson has defeated Kiichi Kunimoto, Jordan Main, Benson Henderson, Neyman Gracie, Paul Daley and now Lima.
As for Lima, his fight to get into the win column continues. Having largely dominated his first nine years in Bellator, including three times as welterweight champion, Lima has now lost four fights in a row. After an unsuccessful fight for the middleweight title against Gegard Mousasi, Lima lost his welterweight title to Yaroslav Amosov. He returned to lose a controversial split decision to Michael Page in October and now to Jackson.
Lima missed weight for the Bellator 283 headliner as he weighed 172.8-1.8 pounds over the welterweight limit.
#Bellator283 results: Jason Jackson def. Douglas Lima by unanimous decision (50-45, 50-45, 50-45)
Full results: https://t.co/SCydUMEk3r pic.twitter.com/ChYNLPAuJI
— MMA Junkie (@MMAJunkie) July 23, 2022
Full Bellator 283 results include:
- Jason Jackson victorious Douglas Lima by unanimous decision (50-45, 50-45, 50-45)
- Tofig Musaev def. Sydney Outlaw KO (punches) – round 1, 0:27
- Usman Nurmagomedov vs. Chris Gonzalez submission (guillotine choke) – round 1, 2:54
- Result of Mukhamed Berkhamov vs. Lorenz Larkin – no contest (unintentional wrong elbow) – round 1, 2:52
- Marcelo Golm def. Davion Franklin submission (rear naked choke) – round 3, 4:36
- Dalton Rosta def. Romero Cotton via TKO (punches) – round 3, 0:38
- Veta Arteaga def. Vanessa Porto by submission (guillotine choke) – round 2, 3:47
- Gadzhi Rabadanov beat. Bobby King by unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Akhmed Magomedov vs. Kevin Böhm submission (rear naked choke) – round 1, 1:16
- Roman Faraldo beat. Luis Iniguez KO (punch) – round 1, 3:42
- Jaylon Bates vs. Mark Coates by split decision (30-27, 28-29, 29-28)
- Archie Colgan def. Brian Nuro TKO (Punches) – Round 3, 1:15
#Jason #Jackson #beat #Douglas #Lima #headlining #incident