12′ — Start! Again! We’re back in business!
Update #4: The players went to the warm-up. After a fifteen-minute warm-up, the game could continue. Bayern are already on the field, Man City have just come out of the tunnel.
ℹ️ The restart is scheduled for 19:25 Moscow time. The match will consist of short halves of 40 minutes each.
— FC Bayern USA (@FCBayernUS) July 24, 2022
Update #3: Apparently, the game may resume in the near future. They sent the fans back. Keep for updates.
12′ — Goal. This judge was terrible. Haaland scores thanks to a referee foul that wasn’t even a foul.
Now the teams are leaving because of the lightning.
Kick off: We are already in Lambo Field! Can Bayern beat Manchester City in pre-season?
Update #2: The game should start soon! Now it’s not long to wait. We were very lucky there.
Update: The game has been postponed due to a thunderstorm on the ground. Looks like Pep Guardiola and Julian Nagelsmann will have to wait a little longer to face off against each other. We’ll let you know when Bayern Munich take on Manchester City.
One hour before start: We have lineups! Julian Nagelsmann chooses a very strong line-up made up of most of his main players. Thomas Müller, Serge Gnabry, Leroy Sané and Kingsley Coman start for Bayern Munich, with Joshua Kimmich and Marcel Sabitzer covering midfield. Benjamin Pavard and Alphonso Davies flank the centre-backs where, oddly enough, Matthijs de Ligt is missing. In fact, all new signatures are missing today.
Looks like the Nags want their veterans to play at least in the first half.
It’s only just begun, but the preseason is already on the decline, but not without another big game on the calendar. Bayern Munich will play Manchester City at Lambo Field in Wisconsin. This game should give us a good idea of how both teams are progressing in the coming season.
With both Bayern and City playing their Super Cup home games a week from now, both teams should be roughly at the same level of preparation. However, Julian Nagelsmann will be missing key players such as Leon Goretzka (injury) and Sadio Mane (from Germany), while Pep Guardiola will look to debut his brilliant new player in Erling Haaland.
When entering the game, most people have the following questions:
- Can Bayern score without Robert Lewandowski?
- Can the Bayern midfield hold their own against the Man City press?
- Can Bayern’s defense keep a clean sheet? (Probably no)
As for the answers, we just have to look and find out.
While you’re waiting for the game, why not check out our Weekend Warmup podcast? Listen below or follow this link.
And PLEASE, if you like what you hear, vote for us on World Soccer Talk – Best Club Podcast Award. Visit this page and vote for Bavarian Football Works. We can’t lose to the Spurs!
Location: Lambo Field, Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA
Time: 7:00 pm EDT
TV/streaming: ESPN+, Find your country
- If you are a new member, feel free to introduce yourself! Were
mostlyvery friendly! Also, we’re from all over the world, so don’t hesitate if you’re from a country that doesn’t seem to be featured on the blog.
- If the comment section starts to slow down for you, just hit the refresh button and keep commenting. There is no need to load all the comments at once, as long as you just follow them by chance.
- Keep sorting “newest” to easily follow the conversation. It puts the newest comments at the top.
- Here at BFW, we celebrate every goal the same way we do in the stadium: with a chant. Target chants are for everyone! Even if you are behind the others, keep answering the last call of the player’s name. Even if you missed the first call, just start with the second and so on.
- Swearing is allowed within reasonable limits, but be polite to your poster colleagues and avoid frivolous obscenities. Racist, homophobic and misogynistic speech is prohibited.
Visit our beginner thread if you have more questions. That’s about it. Auf get!
Looking for an endless well of Bayern Munich content? Sign up for an SBNation account and join the conversation about Bavarian Football Works. Whether it’s full match coverage and analysis, breaking news, podcasts or something else entirely, we’ve got it all.
#Bayern #Manchester #City #game #starts