Apple headliner iOS 16 peculiarity you in the face every time you raise your iPhone: for the first time you can customize your iPhone lock screen and boy is it a welcome change. You can even install multiple lock screens for different purposes or times of day, each with different wallpapers and widgets (yes, there are widgets on the lock screen now). In addition, lock screens can be linked to Focuseshelping you separate work and personal life.
Note: at the time of writing, the new lock screen setting in iOS 16 is only available available if you install public betaand will arrive on all compatible iPhones in fall 2022.
It all starts with wallpaper
To start setup, wake up your iPhone and press and hold an empty area of the lock screen to enter the editor. Tap the small Plus icon to add a new lock screen (you won’t be able to set the default screen).. Each lock screen is associated with a specific wallpaper that triggers this process.
Apple offers a bunch of offers, but hthere is a taste, although, as always, you can also use any image you want.
- astronomy: An animated live wallpaper of the Earth, Moon and Solar System, including information about sunset time and current phase of the moon.
- Photo Shuffle: This wallpaper selects multiple photos from an album, then rushes between them every hour, every day, or every time you wake up your iPhone.
- People: Apple loves allocate this feature and we can see why: Once you select a photo (even if it’s not in portrait mode), you can create a cool depth effect where the digital clock floats above the object with a beautiful shadow effect.
- A photoA: Apple has made the simple photo picker pretty smart. You’ll see different sections for featured photos, people, pets, nature, cityscapes, and more. The Favorites section does a great job of highlighting worthy photo wallpapers from your gallery.
- emoji: Create pattern-based emoji wallpapers with up to 6 emojis of your choice.
- Weather: This wallpaper spank background effects from the Weather app on the lock screen for your current location.
- Color: Pick a color, any color, and watch your iPhone turn it into a beautiful gradient wallpaper (swipe to try different effects).
Each wallpaper has different options that you can access using the Menu button with three dots in the bottom right corner. The most common options allow you to disable “depth effect” as well as “perspective zoom“.
Set up your digital clock
Not only has Apple updated the default digital clock font, but it has also added a brand new customization option that allows you to change the font and font color. After you choose a wallpaper, you will land on the setup screen above. Tclick the digital clock icon to switch to a different font and color.
And now widgets
On the setting screen you will see an empty rounded rectangle below the time and around the date. Touch an empty space to find the new widget selection menu. You can add up to four square widgets (similar to Apple Watch extensions) or two rectangular widgets.. Currently only the first batch of Apple widgets are available, so the choice is small –but third-party developers will no doubt come up with their own options as soon as the OS goes into a general release.
To add a widget to your lock screen, simply touch it and then drag it. hit the little one Minus icon to remove the widget. Don’t forget, you can also adjust the date at the top. Widget will be there be purely textual; the widget data will be displayed after the date. However, it is quite useful for viewing activity data. or for reminder upcoming meeting.
FROMand some wallpapers
When you’re done setting, click “Made” to see the options for the pair: You can click “Set as couple wallpaperto set wallpaper for lock screen and home screen. Now that you switch to another lock screen, the home screen wallpaper will also change.
Or you can click “Customize Home Screen” for advanced controls. Here you can enable “Blurring Legibility“, which makes it easier read application shortcuts. If you want to choose a different photo for the home screen, tap the Photos button. You can also create a colorful home screen wallpaper with the color picker icon and set your own gradient.. Click “Madeand your lock screen is ready to go.
Link your lock screen to focus (if you want)
After you are done creation as well as settingyou will see Focus button at the bottom of the editor for each of your lock screens. Using “Focusyou can link any of your Focuseswhich will cock what Focus every time you switch to that particular lock screen.
Once you’ve finished creating your lock screen, you can switch between them. crane. Just like on the Apple Watch, you can switch between and select a lock screen to activate it instantly (along with related widgets and focus mode).
#Ways #Customize #iPhones #Lock #Screen #iOS